Sunday, November 14, 2010

Single Ladies: Introduction

I can count on one hand the number of weekends I've spent at home over the past 4 months. It seems life has been one fun adventure after the next. Sometimes I wonder how long this can possibly last or if this is actually the new "normal" for my life. Either way, I feel extremely blessed for the opportunities that have been presented to me and for the friends that I've been able to share these good times with.

I was sitting outside eating a more than delicious meal in Park Slope this summer when the friend I was with made an observation. She said, "If you have to be single, this is how to do it!" This is something that's stuck with me ever since and seems appropriate more these days than ever. I was discussing this attitude (I guess you could call it) with another friend and he told me to watch a particular clip from the TV show Brothers and Sisters where Sally Fields' character is giving advice on a call-in radio show. She said, "You have to give up the life you've planned to find the life that's waiting for you." I am definitely not living the life I thought I would be at 29, but the life that I am living sure is amazing!! At least to me. :)

Now you might be asking what the point in telling you all that is? Well, it's because is the theme of my next several posts is going to be "if you have to be single, this is how to do it." Check back over the next week to see what I've been doing instead of blogging! ;)


P.S. I put a new playlist up of songs I've been loving lately. It's right over here ------------------>

No comments: