Monday, March 7, 2011

Music Moves My Feet

As you may know, I work out at Curves, an all women's gym. I joined 5 years ago and have found much success when I stick to their program (I need to get back on track, like yesterday). I love working out there for several reasons . . .

1-It's a 30 minute work out. I go in, bust my butt, and walk out doing what it would take me an hour and a half to do at another gym.
2-It's all women.
3-I don't have to create my own work out, it's already set up for me.
4-For some reason all the old ladies love me and frequently comment on how hard I work. It pushes me to not slack off, even when I really, really want to! Of course if they were 30 years younger they'd be giving me a run for my money . . .

About a year an a half ago I bought an ipod shuffle. I named him Charlie after Charlie from LOST (obviously) and he has changed the way I work out. Curves has music on overhead but it's usually the same thing over and over again and it doesn't exactly motivate me much. I have found that when I choose my own music I burn 150+ more calories, so that's what I do!


I've had several people ask me what my workout playlist looks like, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorites. Keep in mind that for me, if I love a song it's incredibly motivating!

Chase This Light (Jimmy Eat World)
Sweet Disposition (The Temper Trap)
Models and Dancers (Harper Blynn)
This Is the New Year (Ian Axel)
Afterglow (Ian Axel)
Leave Me Alone! (Ian Axel)
Uncharted (Sara Bareilles)
King of Anything (Sara Bareilles)
Animal Arithmetic (Jonsi)
Soldier (Ingrid Michaelson)
Locked Up (Ingrid Michaelson)
The One I Love (Greg Laswell)
You, Now (Greg Laswell)
The Ones With The Light (Joshua Radin)
Here We Go (Joshua Radin)
The Road to Ride On (Joshua Radin)
We Are Okay (Joshua Radin)
Ghost Town (Cary Brothers)
The Chase (Greg Holden)
Almost Everything (Wakey! Wakey!)
Hands Open (Snow Patrol)
This Is Your Life (Switchfoot)
Hello Hurricane (Switchfoot)
Stand Out (Tevin Campbell)
If I Am (Nine Days)
New Version of You (JJ Abrams)
All Those Pretty Lights (Andrew Belle)

Okay, so that's more than a few! But you get the idea. Tell me you don't think I'm crazy . . . Please. :)

No comments: