Saturday, August 11, 2012

Leaving Home


Well, it's been two weeks since I moved out of The Knutson's house. It's strange that I don't live there anymore. I keep having dreams where I find myself in the house or my old room and then I remember that's not my life anymore, so I try to sneak out before anyone sees me. I lived in that house a few weeks shy of 4 years, that's the longest I've lived anywhere save the house I grew up in. The first week was was really tough, especially when I was driving down the street and saw the new nanny driving the kids in the van. That was pretty much the worst thing ever and I tried not to think about too much to keep the tears to a minimum. Luckily I have some pretty amazing friends who not only took me in but also let me talk things through.


Virginia truly has become my home. I love it so, SO much and frequently question my decision to leave. Then I remember when I left Draper. I has an amazing group of friends, the perfect living situation, a new job offer, and was dating more than I ever have in my entire life. Life was amazing and it didn't make any logical sense for me to leave but it turned out to be exactly the right thing to do. There have been so many parallels between my move to DC and my move to New York, I can only assume this will turn out the same. Right? ;)

And in case you were wondering, I miss these two like CRAZY!!!!!

No comments: