Friday, July 25, 2008

Can't Go Back Now . . .

Okay, so I'm doing something I said I'd never do. Start a blog. I'm sure I'm not the first person to say this, nor the last! But, as I find myself moving across the county to go on one of the most exciting adventures of my life I decided I need a good way to keep friends and family up to date. Hence this blog. I promise to make reading it worth your while!

For those of you who don't know, let me fill you in on the excitement in my life. I just bought myself a one-way ticket to Washington DC. It leaves August 17th at 7:10 am. I am so, so, SO excited! And if I'm being completely honest, scared at the same time. This is something I've wanted to do for over three years and it's finally happening. Apparently timing really is everything. My life has just fallen into place. I found an incredible nanny job, working for this amazing family with two adorable kids. The plan is to do this for at least a year and then see where I'm at with what I want to do in life.

This is definitely a bittersweet thing for me. While I can't wait to move, I'm sooo sad to leave my family and friends. I have had such an amazing time the past two years and I guarentee if I stayed I'd continute to have a good time, but I know this is the right move for me. It helps that I'll have my brother and sister-in-law as well as other family memebers less than a day away. And thankfully two of my best friends are in the DC area! I don't know that I could actually make the move if I didn't know anyone . . .

And here's one of the best things about going to DC: everyone can come visit!!! Think about it. ;)

4 comments:

Kari Cheney said...

Hey Linds! Yay for blogs! So exciting that your moving, that will be a fun adventure. Im glad you have a blog, i am so terrible at calling people, so at least now i will feel like i am a part of your life again :) my blog is bkcheney.blogspot.com Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am happy and sad at the same time! The group home will be very different without you! Are you having a going away party? I won't be back at the center until the 26th of August when the OP group starts again. I would love to have the chance to say goodbye!

megan said...

I'm so excited to see all of your adventures in DC!!! No more social work eh?! :-)

Bree said...

Hey hey Linds!!! SO glad you started a blog!!! You're way too popular on Facebook for me to keep tabs on you, so this will be fun :D
Good luck with all your moving prep and I wish you the best of luck for your new adventure in DC!! Don't worry, I have convinced James that the presidency needs a long-term reunion, so we're packing our bags for DC too! HAHAHA, just kidding, but hopefully we can visit!!!!!!!!!! Love ya!!!