Sunday, July 27, 2008

Be Ok

It all started one fateful night towards the end of February. I went with a handful of friends to the Joshua Radin concert (I'm sure you'll hear much more about him in aprox. 19 more days). Co-headlining with Josh (we're close, I can call him that) was Ingrid Michaelson. You know, the girl who sings the sweater song featured in the Old Navy commercial from last winter. Anyway, I really liked her stuff and went home and bought a couple songs on i tunes. Then I saw her with Josh in Boise two days later. I loved her and went home to purchase the rest of the album. I have also seen her play an in-store concert at Best Buy, with the Hotel Cafe Tour, then a month ago she came back through Salt Lake on her headlining tour. If you count that up, I've seen Ingrid play live five times this year, thus, I have officially deemed this the year of Ingrid Michaelson! She's pretty much incredible and I highly recommend her to everyone! And while there are a lot of simmilar sounding female artist out there right now, I believe Ingrid is among the best of the bunch. Trust me.

Anyway. Her shows are always so much fun and she writes new stuff as she tours. One of her new songs is called Be Ok; it'll be on an upcoming ep she's putting out an she's in the process of making a music video for it as well. She posted a bulletin on myspace asking fans to take a picture of themselves with Be Ok somewhere on their face. Of course I grabbed my eyeliner and camera and went to town. How cool would it be to be in a music video?! I'm sure they'll get way better pics, but I gave it a shot . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And a link so you can hear how fabulous the song is for yourself. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4RRXPCY8mU

Be Ok ep

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsie I freaking love the pictures!





Way to rock it out

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

Linds...first of all, I'm so glad you have a blog! I love it. Second, I am a HUGE Ingrid fan. I've loved her stuff for a while. I'm SOO jealous that you've seen her live so many times. That's freakin' awesome. Well, I'll be checking in often. Feel free to visit us at www.danulrichfamily.blogspot.com
-Brooke

Kyra and Ben said...

Aunt Lindsie,
Landon wanted to say hi. We stopped packing for a minute to view your new blog. Looks good.

megan said...

love the pic lindsie!! you def belong on a cd cover!