Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Change Will Do You Good

There have been a few changes in my life the past couple weeks. Let's start off with the hair. I decided it was time to give up my beloved purple hair . . . at least until the fall. I was a lot of work and with all the activities of summer I know it would be tough to maintain the look. So off I went to the salon where I not only went for one solid color, but I opted to chop a few inches off. This is the result:

Not too short, not too long.

Here's the best shot I could get of the back, and it shows the color well. I wanted a black/brown color and the stylist suggested this one. If you look closely you can see a slight purple tint . . .

There's nothing quite like getting a new hairstyle and loving it! Good change, I'd say!

Next, school is out! So that means more quality time with the kids and lots of water play!

Ingy and her cute friend Emily at one of the water parks we frequent.

Ingy and Caitlin (Emily's sister) chillin' at the water park. Caitlin is one of my favorite little girls ever!

Playing army with Matty!

Matty built a tank to destroy my armies . . .

Then the biggest change was about two and a half weeks ago when my best friend (emphasis on the friend for all you non-believers), Spencer moved away. Sad but true! He is moving to LA to be an actor, so keep your eyes peeled! :) This is the kind of change that you really wish didn't have to happen, but in the end you know it'll be for the best. I'm grateful that we were able to live so close to each other and have the kinds of schedules that made it possible for us to spend a lot of time together. I miss having him here like crazy, but this gives me an opportunity (or forces me, depending on how optimistic I'm feeling) to pursue other friendships and before that wasn't very high on the priority list. I'm not going to promise that all the tears have been shed, but I'm doing much better than I anticipated and I know a big part of that is Heavenly Father blessing me.

Here are a few pics of some of our latest adventures.

At "The Awakening" sculpture at the National Harbor. The sculpture is a man coming out of the ground, and it's really cool. We didn't get very many pics because there were tons of people there! We totally intended to go back, but just didn't have the time. I'll have to make another trip. :)

We're just taking it all in on the dude's arm. We ate some yummy gelato and sat on a bench on the dock while we watched people and talked. It was a beautiful evening!

This was the second to last night he was here. We ate dinner at Vermillion, arranged flowers, and got soaking wet!

I guess change isn't the worst thing in the world . . . Now when's the next flight to LA? :)

4 comments:

Allyson said...

Love the new hair! The cut and color look great! And Man, you must be the best nanny ever - those kids are lucky to have you watching over them :)

megan said...

totally love the new hair!!! super duper cute!
looking at you playing with the kids and wondering if they ever tire you out...b/c you don't look tired, you look great
and so sad about spencer! so so so sad! yes come to LA!

Kari Cheney said...

you are gorgeous, love the haircut/color. So sad that Spencer moved :(

You look like such a good nanny, do you want to come live with us and watch Alexis? haha

Brittany Crane said...

Linds the hair is fabulous!! That picture should be your profile pic on facebook you look HOT! I want to go to the salon you did. I echo what Kari said about you being a great nanny. The kids are so lucky! Thank you for being willing to help on Tuesday. I will call you.