Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer Town

10 things I love about Nantucket:

1. Outdoor showers. One of life's simple pleasures.

2. Digging 4 foot holes. Okay, 4 feet might be an exaggeration, but well over 3! Two full sized adults could fit in it if they were in the fetal position. Hmm. That conjures up some interesting thoughts . . . Anyway, it was rather difficult to get out of without collapsing the whole thing.

3. Great Point. Easily my favorite beach on the island. It definitely has the coolest shells.

4. The Juice Bar ice cream. So many flavors to choose from. I have yet to try one I don't love.

5. Time to read. I read 3 books in the first week and a half we were here. I have several more that I plan on plowing through before we head home. Favorite so far: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The sequel comes out on Sept. 1st. I checked with the bookstore yesterday and I'll be there first thing that morning to pick it up. One of the best books I've read in a long time. Check it out! (Thanks Al).

6. Lobster. I might be in love.

7. Hydrangeas. They are everywhere and they are beautiful! The colors are incredible! Pretty sure they've become one of my favs.

8. Building sandcastles. Possibly my favorite thing about the beach.

9. The quaintness of the whole island. You really have to experience it in person. Different than any place I've ever been.

10. Ridiculous outfits. Seriously people, just because you're on an island does not mean it's okay to wear patterned shorts/skirts with little lobsters, crabs, or Nantuckets embroidered all over them with your mismatched shirt. But thanks. You have provided me with hours of entertainment and some good laughs. P.S. You do, however, look great with that sweater tied around your neck.

I'm sure I could come up with several more things to love about this little island, but I'll stop at ten. And leave you with a picture of a Jellyfish I saw at Great Point on Friday. :)

No comments: