Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Get me back, get me back to New York . . .

Last fall I found a great deal on bus tickets to New York, the only thing was they had to be used by January 31st. I had talked with friends about going for so long and it just never happened, so I figured I bought tickets with a deadline I just might get there. In October January seems like plenty of time. Note, I waited to use them until the last possible weekend. But I Used them! Friday night my good friend Sara and I boarded a bus and were on our way to the big apple. My first time, mind you. And I fell in love. New York now runs through my blood and I cannot wait to get back!

We got there pretty late and made it to our hotel in time to finalize our plans for the weekend. It wasn't easy to nail down what we wanted to do because there was just so much. Sara and I looking for a little inspiration. We found it in Ian Axel's This Is The New Year.

We found even more inspiration when we synched the video on our computers. And don't worry, this wasn't the last time this happened. If you haven't checked Ian out yet, you can do it here.

Saturday morning we got up and went to breakfast and Time Square while waiting for 2 other friends to arrive.
My first visit to Time Square. It was so cold that hardly anyone was there! Well, comparatively.

We ended up going to the American Folk Art Museum. So amazing. And of course I didn't get any pictures of us there, so just imagine it. :) It was so cold that we ended up wandering around the city and going into any stores we thought looked fun. Here are some of the places we went:

Project Runway anyone? :)

Kendra, Natalie, Sara, and me in front of Radio City Music Hall.

Sara and me freezing out butts off in front of Rockerfeller Plaza.

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it! Wo oh ooh oh oh ooh oh oh ooh oh oh o!"

We paid a little visit to FAO Schwarz to see the BIG piano. Sorry about the sideways pic. It doesn't look that way in my picture file, but this is how it comes up on blogger. Eh.

More fun at FAO Schwarz. Guess what I'm wearing on my head. Ten points to whoever gets it right!

Finally we made it to Serendipity for dinner before making the concert rounds.
Sara, Kendra, Natalie, and me at Serendipity. Everything we got there was delicious! Tip: if you ever eat there you can pretty much share everything on the menu. The portions are huge! Good thing our hotel came equipped with a kitchen.

Okay, so I made an exception to my no sugar in 2010 rule for 2 minutes. Long enough to take a sip of frozen hot chocolate through a straw and get this picture. Boy was it delicious. My spoon may have found it's way into the bowl too. But only one time. Let's just say it was a very good thing I was sick and making sure I didn't share my germs!

Sara and I waiting for Adam Crossley. And hating the opening act. Seriously, they make the list of top 3 worst openers I've seen!

Concert #1: Adam Crossley. Love him. No really, I do. He only has one song available on itunes, but you can stream a good portion of his album here.

Concert #2: Rosi Golan at Rockwood Music Hall. Check her out here.

Second Time Square visit. Lots more people this time, but still not near as many as I was expecting. I guess that's what happens when it's 15 degrees outside.

Sunday morning we got up, packed our things and headed to Greenwich Village to wander around. I loved New York before coming here, but this is where New York became a part of me. I. Love. This. Place. I would die to live in Greenwich Village one day. And who knows, it could totally happen . . .

Washington Square!

From Greenwich Village we headed over to Canal Street to do some shopping. Crazy/fun experience. While we were waiting for the other girls to make some purchases, Sara introduced me to bubble tea. (Apparently I'm a fan of links today).

Doesn't it look delicious?! Trust me, it's better than we make it look. And really I had almond milk with "bubbles"-SO good!

After this we headed back to the hotel to pick up our stuff and send Natalie and Kendra back on their way home. Our bus left a little later, but we were exhausted, so we spent some quality time at Starbucks before going back to Penn Station to board our bus.

On this trip Sara and I made a goal to visit New York in every season this year and at Christmas. Don't worry that I already have a ticket for April. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Okay, here is my guess for the hat pic "Welcome to Griffindor!" Yeah? Also, I looved seeing your NYC pics and I'm so sad I wasn't there to experience it with you. I love that place so much and feel like I'm at home when I'm there. Okay - and China town - hate that place. I tried to avoid going there at all costs when I lived there. But bubble tea is delicious and a weird experience. I'll be in Boston at the end of June so I totally want to meet up with you guys on your summer, fall, winter trip for the year. YAY!