Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mother Freedom

Ever wonder what the 4th of July in DC is like? Crowded, hot, and awesome! I was excited to be in DC (last year I was out of town) and celebrating America with good friends!

My friend Kendra was able to get us spots on the rooftop of her office building to watch the fireworks. We had a little picnic, chatted, and enjoyed one another's company as we waited for the show to start.

The view as the sun was going down . . . finally! :)

Let the magic begin!

Seriously, so amazing.

Thanks to Kendra for inviting me!

Kendra, Don, Natalie, and Me after the fireworks, but before we braved the crowded metro.

The great thing about a holiday landing on a Sunday is the extra day you have to celebrate. Monday night for FHE a bunch of us went and visited the Lincoln and FDR memorials. Monuments at night are one of my favorite things to do in DC . . . smaller crowds and cooler temperatures just make for a better experience all around. Cooler is what we live for these days since it's so hot and humid here that when you walk out the door you feel an immediately need to shower. :/

Friends at the Lincoln . . . not that you can tell that's where we are, but my arms weren't long enough to get Abe in the shot.

Okay, really people, tell me this isn't a gift? EIGHT people (okay, seven and an FDR statue) in one shot. On the first try. I don't know why I'm so blessed, but I am. ;)

I love this quote . . .

The FDR memorial is a favorite. So peaceful and beautiful. I had only ever been here in the daylight, so it was cool to experience it at night.

This summer has been packed full of so many fun adventures and there's still more to come! Life is pretty dang good . . .

No comments: