Friday, December 31, 2010

All or Nothing

I got home late Wednesday afternoon after a wonderful Christmas visit to Utah. I had all these plans for how I would use the rest of my time off. Continue the never ending process of cleaning and organizing my room, read, do laundry, get a little crafty, clean and organize Matthew's room, hang out with friends, make a day trip to NYC before New Year's eve, and catch up on my blog. I thought I'd start out blogging since there's tons to catch up on. I turned on my computer but the internet wouldn't work. I turned on the tv, the cable was out too. I called Verizon and while the customer service guy was one of the best I'd ever come in contact with, we could not fix the problem over the phone. He said the soonest they could get someone to the house would be in 3 days. My blogging dreams were crushed. I could have moved on to other things on the list, but no. Instead I've been doing a whole lot of nothing . . . well, not exactly nothing.

I discovered what all the hype surrounding Angry Birds was about. I played so much yesterday that when I would close my eyes all I could see were birds and pigs.


I watched a lot of Scrubs and by a lot I mean the last 8 episodes of season two and all of season three. It's probably a good thing I don't own season four. Yet. :)

Matthew got a pop-shot basketball game for Christmas. I've been perfecting my game so I'll be ready to take him on when they get back from vacation.

I also made it to the gym, walking there and back so I felt better about my lazy day, went late night grocery shopping, visited with a friend, picked another friend up from the airport, and stuffed invitations for my boss. I have eaten delicious Thai food for every meal, gone to Target, and am currently sitting at Barnes and Noble enjoying the free wi-fi before I go see if they have season four of Scrubs. :)

See, not nothing.

No comments: