Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This is The New Year: 2010 in review

2010 was an incredible year! I made new friends, hung out with old ones, went crazy fun adventures, learned some lessons, and attended a handful of concerts. Here are a few fun facts from the year.

Books I started and completed:
-Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne
-Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby
-The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance by Elna Baker
-Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (re-read)
-Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (re-read)
-Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
I feel like I'm missing some . . . regardless, this is pathetic! I need to read (and finish) more books this year!!

Cities visited:
-New York City, NY (5 times)
-Salt Lake City, UT (3 times)
-Nashville, TN (twice)
-Charlottesville, VA (twice)
-Baltimore, MD (twice)
-Paris, FRA
-Nantucket, MA
-Los Angeles, CA
-San Diego, CA
-Albany, NY
-Annapolis, MD
-Hoboken, NJ
-Asbury Park, NJ
-Philadelphia, PA
-Spokane, WA
-Hershey, PA
-Outter Banks, NC

Number of days it would take me to listen to all the music I purchased: 1.77

Best decision made: Going to Albany to see Ian Axel, Chad Vaccarino, and Mike Campbell play at Bread and Jam Cafe

Concert stats:
Number of shows attended: 56

States those shows were seen in: VA (40) MD (5) NY (4) NJ (2) CA (2) PA (1) UT (1) MA (1)

Most seen artist: Ian Axel (7)

Favorite venues:
-Rockwood Music Hall Stage 1 (NYC)
-Bread and Jam Cafe (Albany)
-Lestat's (San Diego)
-Sixth and I Synagogue (DC)
-Jammin' Java (Vienna)
-The Southern (Charlottesville)

Number of movies seen in the theater: 23
The 10 favorites (no order):
-Inception
-Despicable Me
-Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows
-Waiting For Superman
-Toy Story 3
-How To Train Your Dragon
-Babies
-Leap Year
-The Social Network
-Hereafter

Top 25 most played songs:
A miracle has occurred folks, Joshua Radin does not sit atop this list for the first time since I started making it. It's bittersweet, but when you consider who took over it's not as surprising. Unfortunately my ipod has a glitch and the play counts are waaay off! With the help of itunes and common sense here are the songs that made the list.

The entire This is the New Year album-Ian Axel*
Afterglow-Ian Axel
Home-Ian Axel
Here We Go-Joshua Radin
Sympathetic Vibrations-The Paper Raincoat
Take Everything-Greg Laswell
Streetlight-Joshua Radin
The Ladder-Andrew Belle
We Go Together-Luke Brindley
Right Angles-The Paper Raincoat
Odds of Being Alone-Trent Dabbs
Dig with Me-Allie Moss
I Knew Prufrock Before He Was Famous-Frank Turner

*According to my ipod/itunes I listened to the title track 2,656 times. That may be slightly off seeing as it equals over six full days of listening to nothing but This is the New Year. Despite an obvious over-estimate it is definitely my most listened to song of the year . . . and life. :)

2011 sure has a lot to live up to!!

2 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

Pretty cool. That is a heck of a town's visited list. We love having you in our neck of the woods, but we'll have to make another trip to D.C. too.

Erika said...

You never cease to amaze me! I love that you are always doing something fun and are living life to the fullest!