Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rain

Normally I love the rain. Being inside wrapped up in a nice warm blanet or playing in the puddles, they both make for a good time. Well not today! I went to run some errands this afternoon and it was lightly raining. No big deal, not enough to need an umbrella or anything. I went to Target first and the trip ended up being quite successful . . . I picked up everything on my list, I talked to a friend on the phone, and I even ran into some people in my ward and made plans to go to a Halloween party with them tonight. Not too shabby. I was there for well over an hour because of all this fun and excitement. When I went to leave I looked outside and saw it pouring down rain. At that point I wished I'd grabbed that umbrella out of the back of my car, but figured it wouldn't be too bad. My plan was to hurry as fast as I could to my car. Genius idea right? I got out my keys, put my finger on the unlock button and made a run for it. This all would have worked out nicely had I remembered where I parked my car. I looked. And looked. And looked. No car. I started walking up and down the isles, swearing that I remembered parking my car near the back and wondering if I'd lost my mind. The pouring rain was now coming down in buckets. There was so much water on my face that I could barely open my eyes. This is when it dawns on me that I parked near the other entrance! I blindly made it to the other side of the parking lot and finally found my car. When I got inside I looked like I had showered in my clothes! I'm so glad I took the time to get ready today . . .

3 comments:

Juli said...

Haha. That sounds like something I would do:)

Unknown said...

Ah! Linds! I love that picture! :) Way cool! :) And that's a funny story about your Target excursion! :) Haha! I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten where I parked too! :) haha! :)

Lindsie said...

Yeah, I totally stole the pic-I mean borrowed . . . :)