Wednesday, October 29, 2008

With A Little Help From My Friends

You know you live in DC when this is the conversation that takes place in your car . . .

Ingrid (3 yrs): Teddy Roosevelt.
Matt (5 yrs): He was the first president of the United States . . .
Lindsie (26.9 yrs): Teddy Roosevelt wasn't the first president of the United States! Who was the first president?
Ingrid (3): John McCain!

If that's not funny enough, let me tell you what one of Ingy's best friends said to her nanny the other day . . . They were going by The White House when Elice, (2.5 yrs) points and says "Look, there's Barack Obama's house!" The funny thing is her parents are 110% republican! Maybe she knows something we don't . . . ;)

I think it's hilarious that both of these girls know enough to even associate John McCain and Barack Obama with being president in the first place! Unfortunately that's probably more than some Americans know . . .

One of my favorite things about moving to DC when I did is that I got here just in time for all the election excitement. I've always wanted to learn more about politics and be more informed and now I can't help but be informed. I feel like I am so much more prepared to make a decision this year than I have been in the past two elections . . . Even if I'm not the biggest fan of either candidate. Now if only my absentee ballot would get here . . . ;)

One more thing. Watch this and be sure to pass it on!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That is incredibly cute. I miss nannying for stories like those.

Bree said...

That is so funny...what smart little kids!! You should keep a notebook of all the funny things you hear...kids do say the darndest things you know! :)

Brittany Crane said...

When are you going to post again? I want MORE!!!