Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloweenhead

It's a week late, but I wanted to write about all the Halloween fun that went on around here. Let's start with our visit at Cox Farms. A couple Fridays ago Matthew, Ingrid and I headed to Centreville, VA to have ourselves a little adventure. It's always quite the experience for me to take the kids places when I haven't the slightest clue where they are and what to do once we get there, but somehow it always works out and we end up having a great time. Cox Farms was no exception. Pumpkins, slides, a corn maze, the best apples I've ever tasted in my entire life, a hay ride . . . Well, just see for yourself! (click on the image for better viewing)


Then there was the haunted gingerbread house we decorated. The kids had a blast coming up with ways to make it "scary." Most of all I think they liked eating the icing . . .


I also made it to a couple Halloween parties this year. And I dressed up; not something I ususally do. Remember when I got drenched in the rain after coming out of Target a few weeks ago? Well, when I was nice and dry, inside the store, I ran into a couple girls in my ward who convinced me to go to a Halloween party with them. I was having a hard time coming up with a costume, when I remembered that my Mom made me a Harry Potter scarf a couple years ago. It was an easy costume to put together. A black skirt, white button up shirt, sweater, wand, the scarf and there you have it! I also used the occasion to get a new pair of shoes. They aren't exactly what you'd picture Hermione wearing, but they worked perfectly! I wore the costume twice, once for the party I mentioned and then again on Halloween. I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween and I pretty much hate dances, but where did I find myself on the 31st? In a barn where a bunch of young single adults dressed up in costumes, put on some loud music and decided that it'd be a good idea to re-live junior high. I'm not so sure why we feel the need to torture ourselves like that, but we do. And we call it fun. Sure it's entertaining, but fun? Not so much. But hey, it gave me something to do on a Friday night and I made a few more friends in the ward, so I guess it was worth it. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ha ha, I love how you described the dance! And cute shoes! Too bad you and Liz weren't together on Halloween - she was dressed up as Harry Potter!