Monday, November 24, 2008

Love and Doubt

I'm a little behind on the blogging. A lot of fun things have happened over the past few weeks, so I'll try to play catch up. That means multiple posts in the next little bit; get ready. :)

We'll start off the blogfest with William. Fitzsimmons of course. He stopped by good Old Dominion earlier this month and my good friend, Spencer, and I went to see his show. I'll be honest, WF was not the greatest entertainer. In fact, he was pretty lame. I'm going to give him the benifit of the doubt and say he had an off night because all the things I've seen and heard about him don't match up to the William we saw. He didn't really have anything great to say and was overall pretty negative. His explanations of his songs were brief and vague. I have heard him say in the past that he likes to leave song interpretation up to the listener, but if that's the case he should mention that at all his shows. Also, there was the language issue. I worked at The Children's Center long enough to hear three year olds say every word in the book and then some, so unfortuantely I kind if go to hearing it, but this was just disappointing. Choose some more articulate words, you're an artist for crying out loud! I would never recommend going to a William Fitzsimmons concert (unless he's on the Hotel Cafe Tour, he might do better as part of an ensamble) but I would still totally recommend his music! Check him out here. You know if I'm endorsing the man after that show his music must be good. ;)

I will thank William Fitzsimmons for one thing: Slow Runner. A new favorite for sure. Check em out!


They have so many great songs, but I couldn't find either of my favorites, so you'll just have to settle for great. :) They have three albums. I bought their latest, Mermaids and have listened to Shiv. I'd recommend either of them. Oh, and in case you were wondering, that is William Fitzsimmons on guitar. He played most of their songs with them, which I thought was pretty cool.

Spencer and I decided to make an event of the evening so earlier in the day we went shopping for new concert attire at the greatest outlet mall in the world, Patomic Mills. I love that place . . . We both scored big time, especially in the shoe department!

FYI-I have not picked up any dirty habits as this picture may accidentally indicate. :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What makes that mall the best in the world? By the way, I love that I'm in two of your pictures on your Blog page heading. You're the best and I miss you and I'm SO happy you'll be home soon!

Allyson said...

Love the shoes. And whatever, I know those butts are yours. And you only did one post - uh, I was all excited for multiple posts as promised.....get to it!

megan said...

you are such the concert goer-I love it!
and I love those shoes!