Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Good Day

A few weeks ago I finally hit the big 2-7. I feel so grown up now . . . Okay not really, but maybe someday. I had a great birthday despite the fact that I'm thousands of miles away from family and the good majority of my friends. I thought I'd mention a few of the highlights of my day . . . or days because it almost felt like a week long event. :)

The cards-One great thing about not being by many loved ones is all the mail you get! I got so many cute cards from friends and family, and they started coming last Wednesday, it was awesome!

Phone calls-I hardly ever get phone calls these days, so it was a lot of fun to talk to a bunch of family and friends.

My "party"-The kids were so cute today. not that they're not cute everyday, but they were just so excited that it was my birthday. We went about our day doing most of our normal activities. When we got home from the library, Karen was already there (earlier than usual) and they had made me a cake and got me presents. We ate cake, well Karen, Matt and I did, Ingrid just eats frosting. Then Matt helped me open my gifts and sat on my lap the whole time. After that we went to a Mexican restaurant here in Arlington. It's highly unfortunate that I can't get to the picture of me in the Birthday sombrero, but here's me and the kids . . .






These are the beautiful flowers my parents sent me. :)

And I can't forget one of the coolest things about the day:

That's right, Greg Laswell took the time to wish me a happy birthday. (If you don't know who Greg is, then you need to look through my first posts). I have my good buddy Trent to thank for that one, he sent GL a message on myspace asking him to do it. If only everyone had a friend as cool as Trent . . .

Spencer ended up having to work all day Monday, so we decided to celebrate on Tuesday. We tossed around ideas of going on a little road trip, finding some sort of show to go to, etc, but nothing was really working out. We'd planned on giving my room a little makeover at some point, so we decided Tuesday was the day it would happen. We headed to Ikea, Potomac Mills, and Wal-Mart to get new bedding, lighting, curtains and other fabulous item that would help my room feel a little more like home. Something you probably don't know is that Spencer and I are two of the funniest people on the plant. No joke. So you can only imagine the kind of fun we had as we drove around and went shopping.

Before we could take the goods home and get to work we decided to stop and get something to eat. I'd been craving coconut shrimp and we thought maybe TGI Fridays could help me out. They couldn't. Don't worry though, I got this amazing jalapeno chicken popper sandwich that was beyond delicious and we actually re-created it last weekend, but in a healthier way. A little tip for all of you who are thinking to head on over to try it out: don't order a slushy! Number one, they're carbonated and it says nothing on the menu about that, and number two, all it is crushed ice and flavored soda. What a waste! Unless of course you get the Red Bull slushy, that was also delicious.


Here's me playing with our food. There were so many other good foods we were eating that we didn't have room for the potatoes. :)

We finally made it back to my place and Spencer proceeded to work his magic. Seriously, he has to be one of the most talented people on the planet! And I'm not just saying that because he's my best friend. You'll see.


I wish we took a few more before pictures, but I do have this one Karen sent me before I moved out here. It wasn't bad, it just didn't feel like me.

Here is what it looks like now:






And that's only part of the room! We're going to take a few more pics of my room for Spencer's portfolio, so when we do that I'll post those. There are a few finishing touches that need to be done, but I absolutely LOVE it!!!

Twenty-seven is definitely looking like a good year! :)

4 comments:

Juli said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey! You look just as gorgeous as always!

Michelle said...

Uh I LOVE the look of your new room! Tell Spencer to come to Utah and work some magic on my room! It's beautiful. And I'm glad your birthday was splendid. Dude, you get back in less than three weeks!

megan said...

happy happy birthday! I'm dreading my next one!!

looks like you are really enjoying yourself out there! quite the change from your last job, eh?!

and your room looks so relaxing...glad you updated your blog!!

Anonymous said...

You and Spencer are pretty funny.

haha