Friday, January 9, 2009

These Photographs

Quite possibly the year's biggest tragedy . . .


And this is how I mourned . . .

FYI, I did not eat that all by myself. It was a hard time for many.

The music gods continually smiled on me, especially when it came to Joshua Radin. From him remembering having met me the year before to running into him in the lobby of the Hilton, I had some priceless encounters. Here we are in Boise when he brought me backstage to play a, then unreleased, song:


I became an Aunt! Baby Landon (the cutest baby on the planet) was born 04.18.08:


More failed attempts . . .

At least I'm having a good time!

I went to some amazing concerts, including the Hotel Cafe Tour:


I met Ingrid Michaelson, along with some other new friends:


I was in charge of FHE. The hardest, yet most fun, calling I've ever had. This was the closing ceremonies of the South Mountain 12th Ward 2008 Olympic Games:


A major life-changing event took place. Harmon's opened up down the street from my house in Draper. Man I miss that place . . . These are the flowers I won for spinning the birthday celebration wheel:


I got caught up in the Olympics. Especially swimming. One of my favorite moments:


I said good-bye to some great friends:


And started making new ones:


Because I made a big move:


I fell in love with two of the cutest/funniest kids ever:




I went to Nantucket:


I visited the fam in Tennessee:






I was in the Capitol rotunda with John McCain and only about 100 other people:


I stood outside the future President's office:


I participated in a history-making election:


I spent some quality time with my best friend:


I stayed friends with my super cool concert going buddies:


And I did a bunch of touristy things when my friend Anne came to visit:

5 comments:

megan said...

fun fun year linds!

I must say, sometimes when I look at your blog I dream of the single days again...oh the things you can do!

I love that you were in the capitol with john mccain...how did you score that?

Lindsie said...

Pure luck! I was on a tour with my friend and all of the sudden we were like, wait, isn't that John McCain . . . ? He and his little entourage just walked through the middle of the rotunda . . . Then kiddie-corner from my boss's office happened to be Obama's office. We figured it was fate and snapped another picture, just in case . . . :)

browerfamily said...

Sounds like an amazing year Linds! I am glad you are having so much fun and lovin' life. Some day we have to have a college reunion. I miss those rexburg days. Miss you

Brittany Crane said...

I love that post. What a great recap. I hope you can come over and visit me soon. Call me

Anonymous said...

Hey I am glad that I could be part of so many of the major events of the past year. Hope you are having lots of fun, but I sure miss having you around here.