Friday, February 6, 2009

All Good Things

I can think of no better way to spend a Saturday morning than walking around Eastern Market, crepe in hand, browsing all the amazing things people are selling. There are so many fun things to look at, cool vendors to talk to, yummy fresh foods (when they're in season), and it's an excellent place to people watch. Actually, going to Eastern Market is probably my favorite thing to do in all of DC. If you ever come to visit, you need to put it at the top of your priority list. Trust me. :)



Me at Eastern Market Dec. '07

Last weekend I went to the Market with some friends and had a great time, There aren't near as many vendors out in the freezing cold as there are during the warmer months, so I really didn't really plan on making any purchases. We hit a few stops and then got really cold and decided to head to the indoor market. We didn't get far when something caught our attention. They were these cool looking purses made out of vintage materials. I thought they were cute. Then we started talking to the lady who makes them, Jenae. She was telling us how each bag is one of a kind, she makes them all herself, and will fix them for you if anything ever happens to it. By this time I started thinking they were really cute. She continues on saying that she is discounting all these bags a good amount because they're from last season and she has started on new ones. That almost had me sold, but not quite. We were about to leave when I saw quite possibly the cutest bag she had on display. And I picked it up . . . there was no going back after that. Fortunately there's an ATM at the indoor market, because, like I said before, I wasn't planning on making any purchases. She put the bag aside and we picked it up on our way to brunch.

Here's her website and of course pictures of the one I fell in love with.

http://rangeofemotion.com/







2 comments:

Michelle said...

Dude - I want to move to DC. It sounds so fun!

Lindsie said...

And you should! :)