Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hey Me, Hey Mama

One of the fun things that has happened over the past month and a half or so was a visit from my mom! She came to visit over my birthday and we had a great time! I loved showing her around DC and giving her a little taste of what my life is like here.

We went to the American History Museum, which was fun because it's the first time I'd been there without kids! :)

We walked along The Mall. Note that I took all these pictures. I tried to get the background right, but sometimes it didn't work out so well. Eh, still fun!

I took my mom to a few of my favorite places in the area, one of them being Eastern Market. Here we are enjoying our delicious crepes!

We used the metro quite a bit, not that you can tell, but that's where we're headed in this pic!

Next up, another favorite: Old Town Alexandria! We walked up and down King Street and along the pier, then had yummy Thai food and ice cream before heading to the outlet mall. Fun, fun, fun!

Sunday morning we went to Arlington Cemetary. It was a first for me. Loved it! A great Sunday activity too.

More of Arlington Cememtary.

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

A view of DC from the cemetary.

Here we are in DC on my birthday. We tired to go to the botanical gardens, but they were doing construction and we couldn't figure out how to get in! We went to the Natural History Museum instead and looked at the gems! Afterwards we headed back to Old Town and had lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Vermillion. My mouth is watering just thinking about it . . .

Last, but not least, we went to Mount Vernon! Of course it was raining the whole time we were there, but it was still a good time. I love that place!

Thanks mom for coming out to see me! I hope you had as much fun as I did! :)

4 comments:

Whit said...

so cute! you look like you two had a lot of fun mother daughter time. Hope you are doing well Ty and I love reading about all your crazy fun adventures you have out there!

Bree said...

Yay! A trip from your mama!! You two are so cute! Sounds like you got to do tons while she was there!

Bree said...

P.S. Still TOTALLY jealous that you went to Paris!!! Loved seeing the pics and hearing about how amazing it is! I hope I can go SOMEDAY!!! :)

Grandma D said...

I would be on a plane tomorrow if I could. I had a great time and want to do it again next year! Mom