Wednesday, June 9, 2010

For You

Yesterday when we got home from school Matthew went and got a piece of paper and a pencil and started writing. He asked me how to spell oy. I was confused and asked him what he meant. He responded, "you know, oy, as in enjoy. I smiled and helped him out. A little while later he came and told me there was a special surprise in the bathroom. I was a little worried about what I might find, Matthew is a 7 year old boy and a special surprise in the bathroom isn't necessarily a good thing . . . I told him next time I was by the bathroom I'd check it out. Later I was going to the closet to get something and remembered I had something waiting for me. I poked my head in the bathroom door and saw this note sitting on the counter:

"frum Matthew ingoy the ring" which translated means, from Matthew enjoy the ring.

How sweet is that?! Totally made my day!

P.S. Don't worry, we'll work on spelling this summer. ;)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so sweet! I love little Matthew! And I love that the only thing he asked on how to spell was oy. ha ha

Allyson said...

That is so cute! And where did he get that ring? I'm impressed if he picked that out on his own :) That's really sweet!

Kyra and Ben said...

Evidently he's got good taste:) He's so cute.

Bree said...

How cute Linds. Sounds like these kids just adore you! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!! :)

Brittany Crane said...

That is hilarious and oh so cute!! I'm glad he's not an 11 year old boy yet. haha Then your surprise might have been what you were worried about. :)