Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Living in Twilight

The books, loved them! They aren't the greatest work of fiction out there by any means, but they are definitely entertaining. In fact, for me, there's no better way to pass time on on the elliptical or bike, than to get lost in the world of Edward and Bella. No, joke, try it. Before you know it you're half hour is up and you'll likely add time to your work out so you can keep reading. It's fabulous!

The movie, hated it!!! I'm sorry, but when I read the book I was under the impression that Bella and Edward actually liked each other. Their relationship wasn't the least bit believable and that's what the story is ultimately about. I could go on and list the other reasons for my distain, but I'll spare you. I will say that it was a complete waste of $10.50! I knew I wasn't going to love it, so I just should have held out a few more weeks and seen a matinee while I'm home, but I caved. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to my opinion of the movie, and that's why I wanted to post about it. Twlight movie haters unite!


Now as to end on a positive note . . . I was super excited to use The Weepies song, Living in Twilight for the post title. I discovered The Weepies around the same time I was introduced to Twilight, and so I thought it was kinda funny when I listened to the song. They have three albums and World Spins Madly On is easily one of my top 10 favorite songs! They really are amazing, so you'll for sure want to check them out. :)

2 comments:

megan said...

aww too bad you didn't like it! maybe the next one will be better?

Ulrich's said...

I agree... Twilight, not so great. It seemed low-budget, and Bella wasn't the best actress in the world:( I'm disappointed!