Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

I pretty much have the greatest job ever. I play all day, go to museums, and take naps. Then at night I get to go to baseball games! Okay, well, that's what I did tonight anyway. Last week Kent mentioned that he was going to give me his company's tickets for an upcoming baseball game. He said there would be six tickets and two parking passes. I was excited to go because I LOVE going to baseball games, but then I realized I don't exactly know six people around here. I invited those I did know and a girl I met in my ward. Then I used the good old listserve (a yahoo group for my ward) to see if anyone else was interested in coming. We ended up using five of the tickets, though I did get plenty of emails saying people wished they could come.

So the game was the Washington Nationals (obviously) versus the New York Mets. I'd heard our team isn't all that good, but I was still confident we'd have a good time. There's something about going to a baseball game . . . it's a happy thing no matter what team wins! The game actually turned out to be pretty good. Our seats were awesome (right behind home plate!), there were some great plays, and the Nats won! What more could you ask for?
Here are a few pics to prove I was there!





2 comments:

Allyson said...

Well, it's no bees game but I guess it will do :) Just kidding, looks like it was an awesome night! I'm glad you found people to go with too! That stadium looks huge!

Bree said...

Looks like tons of fun Linds! Glad you are enjoying your job so much and making new friends!!! Love ya!