Monday, September 1, 2008

Waiting For My Real Life to Begin

So pretty much I'm in love with Nantucket. The beach, bike rides, the best lemonade ever, sunsets, wandering around town, shopping, yummy ice cream . . . I could do it all over again! Not immediately, of course, but some day. Though, I don't know if I could ever afford to go on my own, but it'd totally be worth saving up for!

It was a lot of fun getting to know The Knutson's while on vacation; they were so nice and I had a great time! There was a good mix of taking care of the kids, spending time with the family, and exploring on my own. I easily got in two books and an entire season of Scrubs while relaxing on the island, it was great. I will say that after taking a month off of work and then spending two weeks on vacation, I'm ready to get started on "normal" life . . . whatever that is! :)

So I spent waaay too much time trying to figure out my stinkin' slide show and it never worked out, so here's a good portion of those pics to give you a glimps of my life in Nantucket. Enjoy!


Our house in Nantucket. It was a cute little house with a porch that wrapped all the way around it. All the houses have names, ours was called Hedges . . . possibly because it was fenced in my a bunch of hedges. :)
My room.
The view from my window.
Me at the Harbor on my first day out exploring on my own.
The best lemondate I have ever tasted . . . Nantuckt Nectars. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
I also had some of the best ice cream I've ever tasted in Nantucket. This particular flavor was chocolate peanut butter cookie dough. I also tried ginger and peanut butter cup. Mmmm!
Me sitting on the front porch. One of my favorite things to do was sit on the porch and read.Great Point Lighthouse
Me at Great Point. Probably my favorite beach. More of Great Point

The sunset the last night we were in Nantucket.


P.S. I posted to slide show to my myspace blog if you're dying to see it. (www.myspace.com/rememberthatonetime)

2 comments:

Allyson said...

SO cute Lindsie! I'm so glad you finally put pictures up! It looks so beautiful out there...and since I can't get to myspace, please just figure out the slideshow :) I can't wait to see more of your adventures in D.C.! Love ya!

Bree said...

LOVE the pictures!! Glad you've fallen in love with the East coast...isn't it the best!! :) That ice cream AND lemonade made my mouth water...and it's 9 in the morning!! haha!!! Glad you're doing well and enjoying your new life! Love ya!