Monday, December 22, 2008

Do What I Can



It's no secret, I LOVE shoes! I've heard rumblings here and there about TOMS shoes and unfortunately I didn't discover until today what they are. Watch this . . .



A little background info . . . TOMS Shoes was founded in May 2006 when an American traveler befriended the children of an Argentine village and found they had no shoes to protect their feet. Wanting to help, he created a company that gives a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair sold. Since its beginning, TOMS has given over 70,000 pairs of shoes to children in need around the world.

For every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of shoes to a child in need. One for One.

Now I understand that these shoes may not be the cutest things ever but I know a good portion of you out there own and wear crocs, so I'm not too worried. And they look just as comfy as crocs are suppose to be! ;) Then there's the price. The cheapest pairs cost $42, but when you think about it, that $42 is getting two pairs of shoes. One for you and one for a child who otherwise wouldn't have any. AND if you type in the code HCT (HCT=Hotel Cafe Tour, a bunch of artists promote TOMS, including Hotel Cafe artists) you'll get $5 off. They're running the same deal for t-shirts that don't cost quite as much. Did I mention FREE 2-6 day shipping??? What a deal! ;) You proabably already have your Christmas shopping done, but I thought I'd put it out there for anyone who might be interested. Christmas gift or not, it's a good idea!



I obviously "borrowed" these pics. ;)

No comments: