Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Way I Am

I realize a good portion of my posts are about the concerts I've gone to, but it's pretty much my favorite thing to do, so you get to hear about it. :) I think I've gone to my last concert for 2008 though. Just before Thanksgiving Spencer and I went to The Birchmere to see Ingrid Michaelson play the last show on her Be Okay tour. Of course it was fabulous, this is Ingrid we're talking about! She is one musician I will glady see over and over again for the rest of my life. This was my 6th Ingrid show and every single one has been top notch. Not only is she a talented musician but she is one heck of an entertainer! Here are some pics from the show along with a video of an unreleased song she sang at the show. Listen closely and you'll hear someone you know during the intro. ;)


Spencer and me waiting for Ingrid. I promised him it wouldn't go up online, so don't tell him. :)


David Ford, one of the openers. I have a couple of his songs that I really like, so I was excited that he was going to be there. Yeah, I didn't so much love him.


Newton Faulkner, another opener. I'd never heard of him before but was pleasantly surprised. He has amazing talent and was fun to watch. He's not anyone I would listen to on my own, but I'd go see him again.


And of course we have Ingrid!


And her friends. Note the creepy looking guy in the left hand corner. He's not real, just attached to the wall above the door. A little disturbing/hilarious.



Now the whole crew.


Blueberry Boy

It was a great evening and I'm looking forward to more Ingrid shows in 2009!

No comments: