Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Far Away

Before we get to Christmas, let me tell you about Thanksgiving. (Obviously I'm a great procrastinator). This was the first Thanksgiving I've ever spent away from home, so it was a little strange. Not to worry though, I was taken care of; I had three different offers for places to go for dinner! It was never really a question of where I would go though, seeing as Spencer is family to me, but it was nice to know that there were others out there thinking about me.

Spencer and I started doing prep work for Thanksgiving dinner the night before because we had to marinate the turkeys. Okay, so Spencer was the one doing all the work; I was dead tired so I read the directions to him from a nice comfy chair. But the next morning we got up and started right in on the rest of the food. I now have new found appreciation for my Grandparents! That was a lot of work and we only did appetizers, the turkey, cranberry sauce, and desserts! I can only imagine adding more of the meal to our list of responsiblities . . . It was so worth it though, the food was delicious! See for yourself! :)


Our Maple Orange-Glazed Turkey. Of all the deliciousness that day I'm fairly certain my favorite thing was the apples that cooked with the turkey. Well, that and the bread pudding. Mmmm!


The desserts! Pumpkin Cheesecake with caramel and pecan topping, apple pie, and bread pudding. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!


A close up of my very first apple pie!


The table setting.


The flowers.

Now let's hope Christmas pics go up before Valentine's Day . . . ;)

No comments: