Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Resolution


A lot of you have heard me talk about my goal of reading 18 books in 2008. Last year it was 12 and I found myself finishing The Alchemist at about 5:15 on December 31st. This year I wanted to be a little more ambitious so I upped it to 18 and hope to finish by noon New Year's Eve (I'm embracing the procrastinator in me, though I'm not sure that's a good thing). Thank goodness for going on vacation with the Knutson's or I never would have made it! I think I knocked out 3 in Nantuckett and 2 in Miami. Since you're dying to know, I'll tell you what I read. I really wish I could remember the order I read them in (that's the OCD talking) but I don't, so in no particular order, here they are, Lindsie's 2008 reading list:

1-Stardust by Neil Gaiman (see the movie, skip the book)
2-The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright (cute, read it mostly at the gym)
3-To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (it's been one of my favs since 9th grade)
4-Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (almost twice, I had to erase the bad movie taste)
5-Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer (had to re-read in preparation for Breaking Dawn)
6-Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer (Duh!)
7-The Host by Stephanie Meyer (I also never would have made it without Stephanie)
8-The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler (which apparently is a 1988 movie . . . who knew?)
9-The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (which apparently will be a 2009movie . . . Yay!)
10-Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale (such a cute story)
11-Enna Burning by Shannon Hale (I love Shannon Hale!)
12-Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (Britt, I swear I'm gonna get this back to you! I've had it in the car everytime we've gotten together . . . )
13-The Bronte Project by Jennifer Vandever (my least favorite of the year, I actually threw it away after I read it)
14-The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks (Loved it! I read it so fast in Miami, I think I'll need to re-read it again soon)
15-An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (funniest book of the year, I want to read more of his stuff)
16-The Martian Child by David Gerrold (an excellent book, very different from the movie, which I also loved)
17-Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen (very clever, I'll hafta read her other book)
18-The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews (the perfect Christmas gift, a short and sweet book that I still need to finish before the day is done . . . so far so good)

Well there you have it my friends. My 2008 library. I laughed, I cried, I fell asleep. I didn't so much love Stardust or The Bronte Project, but I really enjoyed the others. Having said that, I wouldn't necessarily recommend every book on the list. If you have questions about any of them, feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. ;)


Who knew?

No comments: